Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Battlefield 2 On MacBook Pro

It is done. Battlefield 2 runs on a MacBook Pro and as far as I'm concerned, it runs well enough for anyone interested in the game. It took me a good minute to get Windows XP installed and updated via Windows Update. I also installed Grisoft's free version of AVG for my Anti-virus fix. No anti-spyware at the moment, but I'm cool.
The Battlefield 2 install process was long and painful akin to it's PC counterpart. Being the smart person I am, I didn't have a backup of the 1.22 updater, so it felt good to download the 300MB patch again. (sarcasm for those impaired). The game was up and running about 11:30PM and I got a quick half game in with FRAPS running. I performed a benchmark using the tool and got these results: Min - 21fps, Max - 85fps, Avg - 53fps.
As this graph depicts, I put all the graphic settings on "Medium" and turned off Anti-aliasing. I figured this would be a good place to start since the game looks quite acceptable with these settings. I'll do more tweaks and settings changes tomorrow when I have more time. I am very pleased with the outcome and I highly recommend the MacBook Pro to anyone who is looking for a MacOS X/Windows XP solution with Battlefield 2 support!
I posted a little video clip of me playing the game. It's short and sweet, but you'll get the idea.




Technology nut, Blogger, Gamer, and Podcaster

No comments: